Before joining our little community, there is a set of guidelines we expect all members to be aware of and abide by. Please read the following before proceeding to the Community Pages.
A movie, dinner, or just a round of drinks at a local bar. Age is restricted to establishment policy.
May be within private setting such as a member’s apartment or place of business. For legal reasons, we request that all members wishing to meet or create private events get parent’s permission or otherwise be 18+ and 21+ where alcohol is present.
- No persons under the age of 13 years of age may become a member without parent/guardian written permission. However, because of the nature of our community, it is our preference to keep the age limit here 16+.
- Please watch your written language here. It is both annoying and unbecoming to use “text speak” in this kind of communication. Misspellings will be waived if it’s few and far between. We recommend that you use the ‘edit post’ tool and a spellcheck often if you notice mistakes. Warnings may be handed out if it becomes a common problem.
- Please be advised that mature content topics in regards to blood, bodily fluids, inebriation, sexual circumstances, or otherwise 18+ discussions may occur at any time, but pornographic imagery or stories will be prohibited. This may develop into a restricted 18+ section in the future.
- Role playing will not be allowed at any point in time on the public areas of the forum. Private message RPG are allowed with consenting players.
- Although we encourage personalities with a bit of fire, at no time will direct insults to a person or a persons belief/experiences occur. Opinions and arguments are allowed, as long as they remain mature and counter a concept and not a specific person.
- Use common sense: I would hope that this goes without saying. Do not make claims without personal analysis to back it up. If you do not provide answers to questions that may arise, expect a certain amount of skepticism. Make yourself clear if something is pure personal gnosis, opinion or if you can back a statement up with research and study. Be warned: Outrageous claims may be subject to investigation by staff.
- If at anytime you feel unsafe in any capacity, please notify a staff member with your concern immediately.
- All admin and moderators may come from different walks of life, have different opinions, or experiences. They will also be an individual with plenty of offline and online community experience (10+ years), and should be someone members can turn to for help or questions. Although a heavy hand is sometimes necessary, a member concern should travel up the totem pole if it cannot be dealt with on its own.
- Warning & Ban reasons should be tracked and dated in it’s own thread under the Announcements section. This goes for cleaning up trolls and bots, as well.
- Monitor all new members carefully, make sure they read and retain the rules. Special consideration must be made in the events section or where any intention is to meet up in person. Meet up threads can be started by any member, but must provide certain requirements about who to contact, age restriction, whether or not an event is private or public (rules and guidelines will be provided in that section.)
- An all staff private message, chatroom, or section will be provided via Skype or IRC in the future.
- You are responsible for deleting any underage (under 13) users who try to circumvent COPPA and removing personal information posted by these users. You must not encourage users to lie about their age or circumvent COPPA in any way.
- Keep a good eye on users wishing to “meet-up.” The Events section, for example, can be viewed and posted to by all members, but most events and meet-ups will require an 18+ restriction.